nav bar

Image Map

Thursday, May 2, 2013

17 weeks


How far along are you?
17 weeks!

How big is Baby?
He is as big as an onion - Measures 5 inches from head to bottom (legs don't get measured yet) and weighs 5 ounces - His skeleton is hardening and he's developing "baby fat" and sweat glands - He can also move his joints now

Weight Gain? 
Somehow still just +3 lbs. at my 16 week appointment. Don't know how because of all the food I eat, but hey, I'll take it!

 Gender?

Maternity Clothes?
Still just a few maternity shirts, but I don't think I really need them yet. I've been wearing a lot of dresses to work with this Spring weather. I still have not bought any maternity pants, though I know I'll regret waiting so long once I do!

Stretch Marks?
Nope

 Sleep?
Sleep has gotten worse in the past week. I get up in the night to go to the bathroom and it's been taking me 1-2 hours to go back to sleep. I wake up several times tossing and turning because I can't get comfortable. I know I shouldn't be sleeping on my back anymore, but now it's so hard not to! It may be because I'm not supposed to that makes it seem so tempting. I've never been a back sleeper, but now it feels so comfortable.

Symptoms?
Let's see...more acne on my cheeks beside my nose and on my nose - back and neck pain at the end of the day - Every few days when I'm eating I get a 'wave' of nausea but then it goes away a few seconds later. Weird. - What I thought was bladder pressure last week actually turns out to be round ligament pain according to my doctor. Can I just say OUCH?! He also said that the left side (where I was hurting) stretches more than the right. It happened again this afternoon and hurts just when I'm standing. It's ALL worth it for our sweet Crew though!

Movement?
YES! I felt him first on Sunday night, but still wasn't sure if what I was feeling was him moving or not. Monday I felt him a lot and have been feeling all his movements ever since then. It's such a surreal feeling...just knowing there's a tiny life inside of you kicking around! I told Will that the only way to describe how it felt was like popcorn popping in my belly. Crew (so far) seems to be active in the mornings and when I go to bed. On Monday night I tried to get Will to feel him moving, but as soon as he put his hand on me the kicking stopped. Will says he was able to feel it last night. It's so exciting!

Food Cravings/Aversions?
Ice cream! - specifically from Chick-fil-A
Salsa - this is nothing new for me. We love Mexican food. Love it. So when Will asks what sounds good for dinner, 9 times out of 10, I say "salsa"...not necessarily the Mexican food, but just the chips and salsa. I'm sure my Mom is laughing as she reads this because her pregnancy craving was Pancho's salsa.

Labor Signs?
no

Belly Button in or out?
in

What I miss?
Sleeping through the night - It's torture to be wide awake in the middle of the night while Will and the 2 dogs are sleeping so well!

What I am looking forward to?
Picking out how we want to decorate Crew's nursery and registering! I've gone crazy already adding boy clothes to our Amazon wish list!

Best moment of the week?
Finding out that we're having a boy on Saturday and feeling him moving for the first time!

Daddy’s feeling?
"Excited! Felt Crew move for the first time yesterday and can't wait to meet our baby boy!"

In case you missed it:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

yay for feeling Crew move! feeling Miller was definitely the most exciting part of my pregnancy! makes it feel so really doesn't it!? that precious boy will be here before you know it! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm still waiting to feel our little one..but my sleep is TERRIBLE too ):

Tiffany @ Austin Family Diary said...

Dude that round ligament pain is no.joke. It really hurts and definitely scared me (and Cody!) the first time I felt it. It was mainly at night when I was trying to stretch out my back or would just roll over the wrong way. Ouch!

J and A said...

That is amazing you and Will felt him! I can't wait for that!!! Sleep is awful. I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow! I wake on my back all the time!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...