nav bar

Image Map

Monday, October 15, 2012

Jesus Calling

By: Sarah Young


Have you read this book?? I just got it last week after hearing so many great things and I am enjoying loving it.
It is amazing how the devotion for each day seems to line up perfectly with what's going on in your life that day...weird even. The book is written as if Jesus Himself were speaking to you. 

It is perfect for someone who is already involved in a devotion because it's such a short (2 paragraph) reading for each days so it's to add on to what you're already involved in. It's also PERFECT for someone trying to start daily devotions/quiet times because it's so easy, short and simple so that makes the transition into spending time with God on a daily basis that much easier and that much BETTER. You'll probably find that after reading each day's entry, you want to read more into God's word and spend more time with Him everyday. I encourage you to order this book here and begin to read this book daily and BE ENCOURAGED by HIM.


Here's the devotion for October 15:

Try to stay conscious of Me as you go step by step through this day. My Presence with you is both a promise and a protection. my final statement just before I ascended into Heaven was: Surely I am with you always. That promise was for all of My followers, without exception.
The promise of My Presence is a powerful protection. As you journey through your life, there are numerous pitfalls along the way. Many voices clamor for your attention, enticing you to go their way. A few steps away from your true path are pits of self-pity and despair, plateaus of pride and self-will. If you take your eyes off Me and follow another's way, you are in grave danger. Even well-meaning friends can lead you astray if you let them usurp My place in your life. The way to stay on the path of Life is to keep your focus on Me. Awareness of My Presence is your best protection.

Matthew 28:20; Hebrews 12:1-2

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...