nav bar

Image Map

Thursday, May 31, 2012

DIY Painted Vases

I have seen several pins on Pinterest with tutorials on transforming old glass vases into colorful new creations. I knew I wanted to try it since we are in the process of re-doing our living/dining area and I needed a dining room table centerpiece. Soooo...I went to a few thrift stores, found some great CHEAP vases, cleaned them up, and added some color to my dining room table!








I got both of these for $10. It was far above what I spent for everything else, but I knew they would look great!





HAD to have some Mason jars thrown in the mix!
I paid about $20 for all of these with the two tall ones being $5 each. All of the other vases ranged from $0.49-$1.50 in price. I already had tons of acrylic paint to choose from too.

Will and I will be painting our living room and dining room from yellow to gray soon. So once that's finished everything will match great! We recently recovered our dining room chairs to match our soon-to-be new paint color. This was my great-grandmother's dining room set and I love the way the new fabric transformed it. 




Here's how the vases turned out!






I went to Kroger and bought a cheap bouquet and added one or two stems to each vase


I think this one is my favorite




So what do you think?! Have you tried this DIY project yet? If so, share some photos with me! I'd love to see yours! You can find a tutorial on these vases here.

Thanks!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...